Catholic nuns in Portland, Maine, US, continue to struggle with the Pope’s criticism that they are not advocating the church’s teaching on abortion, gay marriage and women as priests.
They are meeting considering whether they will follow the Pope’s direction to reorganise or break away from the Pope’s teaching. As they have considerable support this story will not go away for some time.
- US nuns won’t ‘compromise mission’ (bbc.co.uk)
- After blistering Vatican report, nuns gather to weigh response (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Are nuns getting ready to spurn the Vatican? (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- American nuns call for more dialogue with Vatican (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- Nuns: Archbishop Sartain a careful listener (seattlepi.com)
- As nuns meet, Seattle Catholics show support (seattlepi.com)
- Seattle marchers show support for activist nuns (thenewstribune.com)
- Jeneé Osterheldt | These people stand firm for ‘nun sense’ (kansascity.com)
- In ‘cordial’ dialogue, Vatican asserts control over U.S. nuns – Articles (religionnews.com)
- The Power of Nun! (thenilonreport.com)